The Mo Ibrahim Foundation is supporting a scholarship at the University of Birmingham for the academic year 2022. This fully-funded grant is available to MSc in International Development students (governance and state-building).
The Mo Ibrahim Foundation scholarship is for two years and includes full tuition aid for one year. Along with the degree, the Mo Ibrahim Foundation also offers a one-year internship. Students will spend six months working with IDD on research projects and academics, as well as with GSDRC. The internship will be completed at the Mo Ibrahim Foundation in London for the remaining six months.
Details about the University of Birmingham scholarship
- Country: United Kingdom
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligible Regions: African countries
- Deadline: March 31, 2022
The following are the requirements for the University of Birmingham scholarship.
- The applicant must be an MSc in International Development student.
- African students are eligible to apply.
- Candidates must be citizens or residents of an African country to apply.
- Sub-Saharan African candidates will be given priority.
- A first-class honours degree or its equivalent from an accredited university is required of the candidate.
- As confirmation of English proficiency, a 6.5 IELTS band or a TOEFL score of 580/93 is required.
- Candidates must also be able to communicate in both spoken and written English.
The following are some of the benefits of the University of Birmingham scholarship for 2022:
- The Mo Ibrahim Foundation will fund the entire MSc program’s tuition.
- The flight to and from the United Kingdom will be paid.
- The expense of obtaining a visa will be paid.
- Candidates would be paid £950 per month to cover their daily expenditures. The stipend will be available for a period of 18 months.
- When you arrive in the UK, you will be granted £950 as a stipend to cover your lodging costs.
- Candidates will be directly financed by the Mo Ibrahim Foundation for the last six months. The internship at Mo Ibrahim Foundation will last six months.
How to Apply
Candidates interested in applying for the Mo Ibrahim Foundation scholarship should do so through the University of Birmingham’s online application system.
You will be asked to send your updated CV, supporting papers, and a declaration of interest after completing the application form. Your statement of interest should explain why you believe you are deserving of this award.
Applications must be received by March 31st, 2022, to be considered.
Following the submission of the relevant documents, you must email your application ID number to the address provided. Set the subject to Mo Ibrahim Scholarship (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Visit the University of Birmingham Official Website for further information.