For the year 2022, the Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship in Germany is open! The Friedrich Ebert Foundation is a German political party foundation that is linked with but separate from the Social Democratic Party of Germany. It is headquartered in Bonn and Berlin and has offices and projects in over 100 countries.
The oldest organisation in Germany is dedicated to promoting democracy, political education, and the assistance of students with remarkable intellectual and personality traits. Students from underdeveloped countries can apply for fully-funded scholarships to pursue postgraduate courses in Germany.
Since 1971, international students have been eligible to receive scholarships and support through solidarity funding. These prizes are given to people who are targeted for political, racial, or religious reasons. This program is totally supported by funds from current and former grantees. The initiative has benefited over 1,000 pupils.
International students from South Asia, Africa, the former Soviet republics, countries in South-Eastern Europe, and Latin America are invited to apply. Candidates’ abilities and personalities must show tremendous promise for academic or professional pursuits. Candidates must also show a commitment to democratic and social ideals.
Details about the Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship
- Country: Germany
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligible Regions: global south Asia, Africa, Soviet Republics, South-Eastern European countries and Latin America
- Deadline: April 30, 2022
The Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship is open to overseas students who meet the following criteria:
- Even if the classes are in English, candidates must have a decent command of the German language.
- The programme is open to students from all fields of study.
- Candidates must have been admitted or enrolled in a state or state-recognized higher education institution in Germany.
- Candidates must come from the Global South (Asia, Africa, and Latin America), as well as former Soviet republics and eastern and south-eastern European (EU) countries.
The Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship in Germany 2022 has the following benefits:
- Scholars with children receive a family allowance of 276 EUR.
- International students will receive 861 EUR per month.
- In addition, health insurance will be supplied.
How to Apply
The Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship application is completed entirely online.
The application must be written in German. Students in their first year (not master’s students) are required to submit two reports from previous teachers. When the host institution asks the papers, candidates have three weeks to provide them. Candidates are advised to put the documents together while they wait for a response. If the candidate is shortlisted, an interview will be conducted by a member of the selection team in conjunction with a liaison professor. The final scholarship and admission decision will be made by the selection committee. Visit the Official Website for further information.